Is it just me....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HFDSK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
or have the interviews stopped coming.
I got 7 within a month of my application being complete and I have heard nothing from the other schools for the past 4 weeks.

anyone else in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

I've had an ever so slight trickle that has run dry again. I believe schools are interviewing their first batch and then waiting until their deadlines to see exactly whose applying.

Pinkertinkle said:
I've had an ever so slight trickle that has run dry again. I believe schools are interviewing their first batch and then waiting until their deadlines to see exactly whose applying.

i feel the same way. 6 in the first month, and no more. and the classes seem to be filling up...

Members don't see this ad :)
passthesashimi said:
i feel the same way. 6 in the first month, and no more. and the classes seem to be filling up...

me too...i got 1 this past week but other than that, it's been an awfully long dry spell here, especially from a lot of schools that i once considered "safetys"...i guess it shows that there really is no true safety school when it comes to med school.

Is anyone bored enough to go through the official interview thread and create a graph of interviews/day for the past few months?

lakersfan said:
me too...i got 1 this past week but other than that, it's been an awfully long dry spell here, especially from a lot of schools that i once considered "safetys"...i guess it shows that there really is no true safety school when it comes to med school.

yeah that's a good way to put it. nothing from any 'safeties' so far haha.

it's been slow to no going during the last month. i echo the sentiment about the safeties. the only issue there is some of the safeties get so many more applications that i hope it means they just take longer to go through the second batch to start round two of interviewing. still, there is that fear that classes are filling up- albeit with students who will then turn them down in may because they got something better. i just feel like my application is in a black hole now and while i feel like i have a few schools out there that i should at least get an interview with- its hard to imagine hearing much postive new news on the interview front at this point. im going to start a thread for applicants from previous years to see if we can find some november- march interview invites who actually got accepted to those med schools. maybe that will be an inspiration to keep up the hope.