Is it late, normal or early in the osteopatic cycle?

cryhavoc

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
Park Row
Status
Medical Student
I applied to a lot of schools a month ago and ran out of money. I just got paid and was considering applying to a few more DO schools I liked on my list. But I don't want to waste the money if this is considered too late? I planned on paying, pre-writing the essays and turning them in the day I got them.

Thoughts?

Oct 14, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Look at the interview invite thread. Schools that have not given out interviews or not many are still earlier in the cycle. Compared to schools with lots of invites are a little later.

Either way you are probably okay

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
VERY early.

End of DEC is late

I applied to a lot of schools a month ago and ran out of money. I just got paid and was considering applying to a few more DO schools I liked on my list. But I don't want to waste the money if this is considered too late? I planned on paying, pre-writing the essays and turning them in the day I got them.

Thoughts?

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
I think if you're slightly below the schools average, you're still fine. It's probably worth it IMO.
This quote sums it up the most rationally.

The dudes/dudettes that apply with a non-competitive application in Sept-Oct (primary application) will meet resistance and not do well.