Is it late to have all applications complete with secondaries by mid-September?

lilmiffy

7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2012
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Try not to think about whether you are too late and focus on finishing up those secondaries as fast as you can. You can't really change the past so might as well try to expedite the process now as much as you can! Good luck OP.

Reactions: mcatjelly

mcatjelly

Meow
5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Thank you. I've seen that, but then I've heard conflicting advice apart from that regarding which applications/interview spots are offered first and things like that. Does this mean I'm still okay if I'm complete by mid-September?
Is that conflicting advice from an adcom or a premed? Because only the former's should be taken into consideration.

I mean, yeah, people already have interviews. That doesn't mean you're late. Applying any day after the first day puts you at a disadvantage because it's rolling admissions, but the point is that there are still plenty of spots open at this point.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Thank you. I've seen that, but then I've heard conflicting advice apart from that regarding which applications/interview spots are offered first and things like that. Does this mean I'm still okay if I'm complete by mid-September?
If you dont get your secondaries in, you wont get an II.
If you do get them in, you might.

Anyone who gives you different odds than that is blowing smoke

Last edited:
Reactions: mcatjelly