Is it Mandatory to Recieve a SAR before submitting FAFSA Corrections?

BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
Houston, Texas
Status
I send in my FAFSA w/ estimates, and now that the tax return 2004 is completed, I am ready to send corrections.

Is recieving a SAR in the mail mandatory before I can submit corrections? What is the length of time such a thing takes to arrive?

Thanks in advance,

beach

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
It's not at all mandatory. The SAR is just a paper copy of what you already submitted and/or may have printed after your submission. It more or less CONFIRMS the info that has been sent to schools.

You can make corrections as often as you like, but I'm fairly sure you'll get a SAR in the mail for each of those submissions. So, if you access 10 times for corrections and submissions, you'll probably receive 10 different SARs in the mail.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
I don't think I even got a SAR in the mail... if you submitted the fafsa online, your sar is accessed electronically through the website. all you need to make corrections is your PIN and the SAR number, which is simply 01 for your original submission, 02 for the first corrected form, 03 for the second corrected form, etc.