Is it necessary to have all your pre-reqs done before applying to dental school?

CWL

Nov 1, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Hello,

I am currently a second year college student at UT. I have some questions regarding the courses I need to have before I apply to dental school. Because I plan on testing out of some of the foreign languages and taking some classes over the summer, I am planning to apply this fall and graduate by next summer.

I will have every pre-requirements for dental school (Biology, gen Chem, O Chem, Physics, Biochem, Stats) BUT the 6 hours of English. I am taking the English courses either during my application process or the summer in 2014 (which is right before when I will graduate).

Will the dental school accept this application? Or do I need to present my English grades with my application?

Member902507

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Yes, you can apply without all the pre-reqs being completed. There are other threads on this if you want more information. Good luck!

Aug 14, 2012
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
You'll be fine applying before taking it. Just be sure to include it as a planned course on your AADSAS application. I've already been accepted to d school and am just starting the second semester of physics.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
Hello,

I am currently a second year college student at UT. I have some questions regarding the courses I need to have before I apply to dental school. Because I plan on testing out of some of the foreign languages and taking some classes over the summer, I am planning to apply this fall and graduate by next summer.

I will have every pre-requirements for dental school (Biology, gen Chem, O Chem, Physics, Biochem, Stats) BUT the 6 hours of English. I am taking the English courses either during my application process or the summer in 2014 (which is right before when I will graduate).

Will the dental school accept this application? Or do I need to present my English grades with my application?
you can apply (and even get accepted) without having all ur pre-dentistry courses complete.

when/if they accept you... ur acceptance will have a stipulation to have your pre-dental work done before matriculating (they will want to see actual proof of completion ~ such as official transcript mailed to them)