• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Is it necessary to have all your pre-reqs done before applying to dental school?

CWL

Nov 1, 2012
  1. Dental Student
Hello,

I am currently a second year college student at UT. I have some questions regarding the courses I need to have before I apply to dental school. Because I plan on testing out of some of the foreign languages and taking some classes over the summer, I am planning to apply this fall and graduate by next summer.

I will have every pre-requirements for dental school (Biology, gen Chem, O Chem, Physics, Biochem, Stats) BUT the 6 hours of English. I am taking the English courses either during my application process or the summer in 2014 (which is right before when I will graduate).

Will the dental school accept this application? Or do I need to present my English grades with my application?

Upvote 0

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
  1. Dentist
Hello,

I am currently a second year college student at UT. I have some questions regarding the courses I need to have before I apply to dental school. Because I plan on testing out of some of the foreign languages and taking some classes over the summer, I am planning to apply this fall and graduate by next summer.

I will have every pre-requirements for dental school (Biology, gen Chem, O Chem, Physics, Biochem, Stats) BUT the 6 hours of English. I am taking the English courses either during my application process or the summer in 2014 (which is right before when I will graduate).

Will the dental school accept this application? Or do I need to present my English grades with my application?

you can apply (and even get accepted) without having all ur pre-dentistry courses complete.

when/if they accept you... ur acceptance will have a stipulation to have your pre-dental work done before matriculating (they will want to see actual proof of completion ~ such as official transcript mailed to them)

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.