demayette

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Is it ok to apply with a 3.2 cGPA and 3.48 sGPA? or should I retake classes that I had C's on to increase my cGPA although my MCAT score is 27P?

Last edited:

elftown

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Is it ok to apply with a 3.2 cGPA and 3.48 sGPA?
Yes. Apply early.

or should I retake classes that I had C's on to increase my cGPA although my MCAT score is 27P?
If I were you, I'd calculate how much of a difference in your GPA it would make. If it's worth retaking, I'd look into summer courses so that after you apply you can update them with your new grades by the end of summer.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Is it ok to apply with a 3.2 cGPA and 3.48 sGPA? or should I retake classes that I had C's on to increase my cGPA although my MCAT score is 27P?
Personally i'd retake a few class and try to increase your cgpa to like a 3.4. Then you'll more competitive. Remember apply when you think your ready, because reapplying isn't a nice thing. So you could probably apply this cycle if you do it early and manage to get a few acceptances. However like I said, it's my opinion that you should try prop up your application and get rid of any red flags.

jaywalk

5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes you should apply and apply early. Good sGPA and a decent mcat. Retake a couple of courses in which you got a C and get As; that'll take you cgpa to close to 3.3-3.4 range which should land you acceptances my friend
gl:luck: