Is it ok to fill supplementals by hand?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by zthang, Jul 23, 2006.

1. zthang

zthang Member

Dental Student
    Is it ok to fill supplementals by hand versus typed, or does that not look professional enough?

Reason I ask is because some supps are in pdf format and I don't have software that can edit that and I sure as hell no longer own a typewriter.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Allstar99

Allstar99 Junior Member

Dental Student
    I tried converting the pdf format of UPENN'S supp, but it didn't work properly. I am going to hand write them but VERY neatly. It says you can on the forms, so I don't see it being a problem as long as they can read it :). Good luck! :)

4. drhobie7

Resident [Any Field]
    get a typewriter

5. eapleitez

eapleitez Senior Member

Dental Student
    I wrote by hand on all of mine. Just make sure it is neat and legible. And use black ink, no cursive!

6. natsipoo

natsipoo Member

Dentist
    Hand-written worked for me last cycle. None of the schools to which I applied (including UPenn) had a problem with it. Guess I haven't quite developed the Dr's hand ;-)

7. americanpierg

americanpierg Senior Member

Dental Student
    I got my sister to hand write it for me (If she wanted to she could probably sell her penmanship to microsoft and let them make a font out of it, kinda like how they copied that of the declaration of independence)