Is it ok to take the DAT one year before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZzZzSleepyhead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just finished my 2nd year of undergrad and plan on taking the DAT at the end of summer (sept) right before school starts. My question is, will my scores still be ok to submit for next year's cycle? Also during DAT reg, you can choose to send scores to several schools free of charge with an additional fee for more schools. I'm guessing I can't send scores now and have them ready for next year. So will I have to just pay the add'l fees when I send scores out next year?

Thanks in advance for any help!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same position as you. I'm taking the DAT at the end of august right before starting my 3rd year. From what I've heard, our scores will be held by the schools (up to 5 without additional charge) until we apply.

I remember in signing up for the DAT that it asked us what cycle we would be on, so I chose 2011. Therefore it should be in the records that we're not in the entering class of 2010's applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!
I just finished my 2nd year of undergrad and plan on taking the DAT at the end of summer (sept) right before school starts. My question is, will my scores still be ok to submit for next year's cycle? Also during DAT reg, you can choose to send scores to several schools free of charge with an additional fee for more schools. I'm guessing I can't send scores now and have them ready for next year. So will I have to just pay the add'l fees when I send scores out next year?

Thanks in advance for any help!:love:

hey! i just finished my 2nd year of undergrad and took it may 26; so cool to see you will too lol!! not many people do!!

When you take the test early, only pick the free 5 ones, it's easy to request new sets when you're applying, and many schools throw out anything that came in from the previous application round. Also, your scores will last for 3 years, so if you take it early, it'll still work for 2 App cycles.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply guys!
I agree, it's cool to see others took it early also. None of my friends around me doing predental are taking it this summer :p, so I felt sorta alone on this.
What'd you think of taking the DAT early zoralsurgeon?
I actually haven't registered for the DAT yet, but intend to pretty soon here once I find the $$ to register:scared:. I'll be sure to keep an eye out to select the 2011 cycle.

PS Thanks for the good luck wishes viciviper :p, I'll likely need it come test-time in sept.

Thanks for the reply guys!
I agree, it's cool to see others took it early also. None of my friends around me doing predental are taking it this summer :p, so I felt sorta alone on this.
What'd you think of taking the DAT early zoralsurgeon?
I actually haven't registered for the DAT yet, but intend to pretty soon here once I find the $$ to register:scared:. I'll be sure to keep an eye out to select the 2011 cycle.

PS Thanks for the good luck wishes viciviper :p, I'll likely need it come test-time in sept.

I took DAT last year (applying for this cycle) and I am very happy with my decision. Once you completed, you do not need to worry about it at all. By this way you can focus on ur personel st, volunteering and your classes.
Good luck!

UCFan,
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm just starting to dive into my studying and I must say I'm pretty excited. I also figure if I study hard and get it out of the way now, a big weight would be lifted during the year and I could focus on the stuff you listed. Thanks for the good luck wishes!:)