Is it ok to take the MCAT 1 month after review course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaka23h

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

please let me know your opinions on this issue. I am currently taking the TPR course that ends during early April. I could not register for a April 18 and 19th test that is near my location and the May 10th test is right during finals. So, I'm currently registered for the May 23rd test. Is this going to affect my grade a lot or how should I refresh my self with all the information during this month?

Please let me know if you've had experience with this issue.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would find the extra month you have as a good thing. In TPR course, you can get the concepts down and do passages and problems from the book. The extra month can be used to take additional practice passages (also taking some during the course too). Finally find out what you're doing wrong (if anything) and correct it. Not only conceptual problems, but don't forget to look at test taking errors you may come across (i.e. are you reading too fast or not reading all the options through). Hope this helps.

Ditto above. Having that extra month off will help you I think. My biggest problem was taking the MCAT immediately after my review course. I felt like I had all the information I needed but didn't have time to digest it all and correlate it correctly. When I took the MCAT a 2nd time it was 10x easier because I had that time to go through information in detail.

my TPR course ended in early april and my exam was in mid may. that 1 month was crucial for me. i was able to go back and really learn and memorize in detail stuff i missed earlier. I think I learned >50% of my material during that month. don't think of the month as detrimental, think of it as extra time to go over key material!