Is it okay to apply to multiple programs at the same school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogalover222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to AA (anesthesiology assistant) and DO schools this cycle, just because I'm not 100% sure what I want to do. I'm definitely leaning towards medschool, but it didn't hit me again that I wanted to be a doctor until I was shadowing an AA and had already sent my apps. Anyways, I was wondering if it looked bad to apply to a school for both AA and DO programs?

I'm worried admissions will see and I will get declined from both or something.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to AA (anesthesiology assistant) and DO schools this cycle, just because I'm not 100% sure what I want to do. I'm definitely leaning towards medschool, but it didn't hit me again that I wanted to be a doctor until I was shadowing an AA and had already sent my apps. Anyways, I was wondering if it looked bad to apply to a school for both AA and DO programs?

I'm worried admissions will see and I will get declined from both or something.

I'm assuming AA is CRNA?

If you are applying for two programs on the same campus: Idk if that'll go down well especially if those two departments work with each other you will get questions for applying to both.

I wouldn't take the risk. Do not apply to both AA and DO programs at the same school.

I'm assuming AA is CRNA?

If you are applying for two programs on the same campus: Idk if that'll go down well especially if those two departments work with each other you will get questions for applying to both.

I wouldn't take the risk. Do not apply to both AA and DO programs at the same school.
Don't assume. AA its own program like PA vs NP.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OP, you shouldn't be applying to either program. Figure out what you want first. Trust me, the process is so humbling that the only way to survive is through knowing you're doing the only thing you could ever see yourself doing.

Reactions: 2 users
AA is a good career - the PA vs NP analogy is probably the most accurate. Yeah, it's generally not a good idea to apply to two programs at the same institution, unless you know for sure they don't talk to each other.

Some schools strictly prohibit this. I know, for instance, you can't apply to both the DO and DPM programs simultaneously at DMU.