is it okay to be part-time student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr. rx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm real interested in applying to USN, and I really only need to take Org II, Microbio, and both A&P I,II to fulfill all of my prereqs, and since I didn't apply this year, that means I have one full year to finish up only four remaining prereqs. So...would it be alright if I were to just take Org II and Microbio for this spring semester and only be part-time student w/ 10units? Or would USN look down on that and tell me that I didn't challenge myself. Lemme know of any answers or what you think. Appreciate it, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm real interested in applying to USN, and I really only need to take Org II, Microbio, and both A&P I,II to fulfill all of my prereqs, and since I didn't apply this year, that means I have one full year to finish up only four remaining prereqs. So...would it be alright if I were to just take Org II and Microbio for this spring semester and only be part-time student w/ 10units? Or would USN look down on that and tell me that I didn't challenge myself. Lemme know of any answers or what you think. Appreciate it, thanks.

I think that it would be okay as long as you're doing something else, like working at a pharmacy. Also, I think you should take one of the A&P one semester and the other class the next semester. For example: Org II with A&P I one semester, then Microbio with A&P II the next semester. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to retake any classes you didn't do too well in (C and below). Then on top of that, working maybe 12-16 hours a week in a pharmacy should be good. But that's just what I think ;)