is it okay to email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychrat

licensed psychologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I applied at a wide range of schools this year (both PhD and PsyD programs). I was lucky to be accepted at a few places, but had a late interview at my top choice. The interview was last Friday. I sent a thank you email, but haven't heard anything yet. Would it be rude if I sent an email asking when I should know by? I want to weigh all of my options, but it is hard to when I keep thinking about this school. I do not know how high my chances are because my POI only takes like two people, but still. What should I say in the email w/o being too obnoxious?

Members don't see this ad.

I know it seems like an eternity but I'd say wait. They have to let you know by April 1st and we're so close!

I agree. It had been over 50 days since I interviewed with no word. Finally I wrote an email and I found out no one in the lab I wanted has even gotten an offer yet because of funding. But that was after 50 days of no word. Since it's less than a week away and you only interviewed a week ago.. you really should just wait. No matter how you word it, it might come off a little obnoxious. You don't want to give the POI ANY reason to think badly of you. If i were in your position, I'd bite the bullet and wait the few extra days. If you don't hear by then (which you should) then I think it would be perfectly appropriate to email him/her.

I know it seems like an eternity but I'd say wait. They have to let you know by April 1st and we're so close!

Members don't see this ad :)

I am still waiting to hear, tomorrow is the 1st. Do schools have to mail out letters by the 1st or let us know by the 1st?