Medical Is it okay to have both of my science letters of recommendation from Organic Chemistry Professors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to have both of my science letters of recommendation from Organic Chemistry Professors? I've had one for more than one semester and then I had a class with and was a TA for the other one.
Would try to spread out your LOR writers, but if this is the best you have, then it would check the boxes.

It is always better to have a letter written by someone who knows you very well and can write you a personal letter than someone who barely knows you just because they taught you a different course.

Members don't see this ad.

@TheBoneDoctah Thank you for the response! Yes I understand. For my Science LoR it has been especially difficult because I added a Math major later on and most of my classes for the past 3 semesters have been all math. Furthermore, this online environment just makes it harder to connect.
One of the Science LoR writers knows me very very well, and will write a strong letter. Other than the professor letters, I will also get a very strong letter from my PI and the co-advisor of a club. Im hoping I can send around 4 letters to each school. If they don't specifically say "2 Science and 1 non-science" or any combination of those, does that mean that I can submit any letters, or is it still good practice to submit at least one of each category?
Try to get a good balance from different areas, but again, only use strong letters. Do not send letters just for the sake of sending more letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.