Is it okay to remove suit coat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since it's going to be hot tomorrow for my interview, I'm going to wear a short sleeve blouse underneath the suit coat. During the interview, is it okay to remove the suit coat and only wear the short sleeve blouse, or is this not professional enough?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i think it should be okay. don't most girls not wear suit coats anyway?

Originally posted by Premed2003
Since it's going to be hot tomorrow for my interview, I'm going to wear a short sleeve blouse underneath the suit coat. During the interview, is it okay to remove the suit coat and only wear the short sleeve blouse, or is this not professional enough?

Thanks

As a guy, I probably wouldn't remove it during the interview, because I'd want to look more professional. I think I'd also look better with the suit coat on. And most girls do wear suit coats, don't they? (contrary to the post-er above?)...

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
premed 2003,
is your blouse collared? i was thinking that it would look more professional to wear a long sleeved blouse with a collar. then, it would look bad if you removed your suit coat

As a person interviewing to enter a professional field, I would advise not to remove your suitcoat. Like previously mentioned, you don't want to do anything that would impress the interviewer poorly, even if it is something stupid like removing your blazer. I found that little things make people stick out and even if you have the self-esteem of a rock, don't do anything that might baffle you before your interview. Most buildings will be air conditioned and beside the tour, you will probably be comfortable. Anyway, if it is really hot and you take off your coat, you might have sweat spots!

I just was at an interview, and it was quite hot, and the interviewer basically told me, you can take off your jacket if you like. I think you should keep it on, unless you luck out.

Good luck guys,
C

unless you do it to music, while swinging round a pole, I really don't see what the problem is.

According to the latest AAMC study from the 2001-2002 application cycle, 9 out of 10 applicants that removed their suit coats during an interview were ultimately rejected post interview. Clearly, the odds are not in your favor.

Originally posted by MD2b06
According to the latest AAMC study from the 2001-2002 application cycle, 9 out of 10 applicants that removed their suit coats during an interview were ultimately rejected post interview. Clearly, the odds are not in your favor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Premed2003
During the interview, is it okay to remove the suit coat and only wear the short sleeve blouse, or is this not professional enough?
:laugh:

-should i write "secondary enclosed" on the envelope?

-should i staple or tape my photo?

-should i wear a grey suit or black?

-should i type or print the date after my signature?

-should i explain my B in physics on my personal statement?

-should i use high-bond paper or regular for my apps?

-should i call the adm office, it's been a week since i sent my secondary and no confirmation yet?

hahaha we SDN'ers are so neurotic!