Is it over for this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NICEWHITEKID

I wish I were minority
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im only only waitlists and only 2 to be exact. People keep saying "Oh you can get in, I know a guy who got in the week before school started". Is there really any chance in hell this is going to happen? I have only 2 shots and there are like 50 people still on each list. HOw many people are really going to drop from 2 top 40 schools. Any guesses?

Members don't see this ad.

NICEWHITEKID said:
Im only only waitlists and only 2 to be exact. People keep saying "Oh you can get in, I know a guy who got in the week before school started". Is there really any chance in hell this is going to happen? I have only 2 shots and there are like 50 people still on each list. HOw many people are really going to drop from 2 top 40 schools. Any guesses?

Which schools and call them.

i'm in the same boat as you nicewhitekid. do you know where about u are on those wl's? you should look at last year's threads for those school's waitlist movement......... that'll prob give you a realistic idea

having said that i'm still clinging on to the hope that i don't have to submit my new amcas (gonna have to do that any day now) and go through this $**@ all over again

good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
There's always a possibility..... However, if you're not right at the TOP of the wl, I wouldn't hold your breath. Don't give up hope, but you should probably submit your AMCAS to at least your "favorite" schools anyway, just to be safe.

Best of luck!!!!

Hey nice white kid:

I am on the same position, I gave up about 2 weeks ago, actually a month ago since I started studying about 3-5 hours a day to retake the MCAT in agust. I already submitted my AMCAS and got my first secondary.

As of right now you should think of yourself as rejected and move on with the application process for next year, if a miracle (from what I read in SDN) happens (extremely unlikely) and waitlists begin to move you will savor your acceptance more than any body up to now.

I :thumbup:

wow..this is depressing...i'm WL at 3 lower-tiered schools...maybe the same unlikeliness of getting in goes for me too :(..good luck everyone! :scared:

i'm on the waitlist at Downstate and the high-priority list at Upstate.

you guys think I'm screwed too? :(

I am on the waitlist for Yale (2nd tier) and Vanderbilt (after chopping). I am beginning to think I am screwed...

yeah i'm still on three lists too... i am about to start sending out secondaries again

GP03Deobendrum said:
I am on the waitlist for Yale (2nd tier) and Vanderbilt (after chopping). I am beginning to think I am screwed...

How does one get on the waitlist for Yale and not get in somewhere?

Anyway.

Same boat. Wasn't planning on reapplying this year, but now I'm definitely thinking about it. I'm basically taking whatever steps I can (like sending AMCAS my transcript) so that I can apply if I want to. It's cool that AMCAS saves all the data from the previous year, cause I really didn't want to fill all that in again.

drlexygoat said:
There's always a possibility..... However, if you're not right at the TOP of the wl, I wouldn't hold your breath. Don't give up hope, but you should probably submit your AMCAS to at least your "favorite" schools anyway, just to be safe.

Best of luck!!!!

I agree, except for the favorite schools part. If his strategy for this cycle netted no admits, I should think his strategy as a reapplicant should be to apply to many many schools, including DO schools and MD schools that are "easier" admits. That is, unless he is willing to continue reapplying to just a few schools until such time as he either A) gets in at one of them or B) is of retirement age.