Is it possible for a US citizen to get into AUB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rafa

headbutts like zidane
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of applying to the American University in Beirut. I've been looking about on the website for some time now, but I can't find much information about 1.) how much harder it is for a US cit to gain acceptance or 2.) how financial aid works (I don't imagine FAFSA works overseas). Does anyone have any information? Please don't turn this into a thread of opinions about the war. I'm asking specifically about the school. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

fafsa definetly also covers schools abroad, i know this personally from fafsa covering my med school in Israel, why don't you go to their website and you can find out from there if they cover that school

Rafa said:
I'm thinking of applying to the American University in Beirut. I've been looking about on the website for some time now, but I can't find much information about 1.) how much harder it is for a US cit to gain acceptance or 2.) how financial aid works (I don't imagine FAFSA works overseas). Does anyone have any information? Please don't turn this into a thread of opinions about the war. I'm asking specifically about the school. Thank you.

I would say there is NO WAY in hell the U.S. Federal Reserve/Financial Aid Commission would guarantee loans to AUB. In addition, even if they might consider backing it through a third party, say a AUB branch in NYC, no private bank in their right mind would lend you the $ to cover costs. That would be financial suicide for all parties involved. Forget it.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, i just checked the FAFSA website and AUB is one of the schools they give loans to. check it out for yourself.

Hi, I am from Lebanon and studying at LAU

For AUB, it is extremely difficult to get accepted into their medical school if you aren't an AUB student. every year they enroll 85 students from which they only admit 5 students outside AUB
So you will have chances only if your GPA is above 3.8-3.9 and you scored 12-12 on P and B sciences on MCAT