Is it possible to cram TBR reviews books (excluding bio) in a month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FollowTheMoney

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for them to ship in from CA....and I'm probably going to get them towards the end of the month. I won't be able to start studying until after finals week. Therefore, April 29 = Day 1 (TBR)......Test Day (June 17). Is it possible assuming I leave the last 2 weeks for practice tests?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished the BR series. For me, each chapter on average took around 5-9 hours to complete(taking notes on the material + passages + reviewing passage answers). I did BR Physics, G-Chem, and O-Chem, which consists of a total of 28 chapters. Realistically, I could finish one chapter each day, besides the first couple chapters of O-Chem(~50 pages wtfff?). Some of the Physics and G-Chem chapters are really short near the end though(~15-20 pages). I followed SN2's 3 month guide and it took me around a total of 1.5 months to finish it those 3 books(took more breaks than I should have lol). So do the math and figure it out. If you can stand studying for 10-15 hours a day(from wake to sleep), I would say you might have a slight chance of finishing. I myself, got burned out doing 5-8 hours a day.

It's 3:30am in California, back to more Verbal!

I'm currently working my way through TBR Orgo/Chem/Physics. I'm also working full time. But, If you are completly devoting your entire day to MCAT prep. I think you can comfortably finish TBR review in a month.

Yeah, that was exactly what I planned on doing. I was going to devote 10-15 hours a day studying TBR and EK Bio + Verbal from April 29 - June 17. I have all of the Kaplan and Examkrackers books, practice tests, materials, etc. Should I not even bother looking at Kaplan except for their practice FLs? I was going to use Examkrackers for Bio and Verbal supplemented with 101 passages and Bio 1001. However, I want to feel like my $1500 Kaplan course is being put to the most efficient use, but if it will only waste my time then I'll forget it. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that was exactly what I planned on doing. I was going to devote 10-15 hours a day studying TBR and EK Bio + Verbal from April 29 - June 17. I have all of the Kaplan and Examkrackers books, practice tests, materials, etc. Should I not even bother looking at Kaplan except for their practice FLs? I was going to use Examkrackers for Bio and Verbal supplemented with 101 passages and Bio 1001. However, I want to feel like my $1500 Kaplan course is being put to the most efficient use, but if it will only waste my time then I'll forget it. Any suggestions?

Yes it'll be enough time. I used TBR for Gen-chem and O-chem and light use of their physics books.

Yes I'm in the same freaking situation. I mailed my order form on April 1 from GA, and they still haven't cashed the money order. One small envelope never takes so many days to get to CA! I really don't know what they are doing. Their "customer service" sucks. I've called and e-mailed them twice so that I can add on a book before they ship, but no response yet. They're really starting to piss me off, and I'm hoping that they're as good as everyone says it is. June 17 is coming up fast, and I'm freaking out too.

I just hope to get enough time to do the 8 AAMC tests that I've purchased.

I just finished the BR series. For me, each chapter on average took around 5-9 hours to complete(taking notes on the material + passages + reviewing passage answers). I did BR Physics, G-Chem, and O-Chem, which consists of a total of 28 chapters. Realistically, I could finish one chapter each day, besides the first couple chapters of O-Chem(~50 pages wtfff?). Some of the Physics and G-Chem chapters are really short near the end though(~15-20 pages). I followed SN2's 3 month guide and it took me around a total of 1.5 months to finish it those 3 books(took more breaks than I should have lol). So do the math and figure it out. If you can stand studying for 10-15 hours a day(from wake to sleep), I would say you might have a slight chance of finishing. I myself, got burned out doing 5-8 hours a day.

It's 3:30am in California, back to more Verbal!

Oh dear O-chem...
I am doing section V and boy is it long or what..I couldn't finish the chapter in one day but that's because I am taking notes so when I review I don't need to read the whole chapter... but the good thing is that they present it in a very clear manner!
P.S. I lover organic so I can study it for days..