NYR56

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Definitely, it's all I used. It seems people think if you're weak with the sciences you might want some other review but EK is all I used and am extremely satisfied with their books. Any reason a med student is asking?

Jan 18, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Definitely, it's all I used. It seems people think if you're weak with the sciences you might want some other review but EK is all I used and am extremely satisfied with their books. Any reason a med student is asking?
I was in Carib school and quit. Last time I took MCAT was 12 years ago

Ahsan

MCAT SLAYER
Dec 22, 2009
Status
yes, especially if you dont need alot of explanation in the sciences and just need a "refresher".

Whats ur obsession with TAN STEWIE!! lol
hilarious!

Mar 27, 2010
Miami Beach
Status
Pre-Medical
That is exactly my plan. I double-majored in engineering and have a knack for science problems. I'm using EK as a refresher of material and plan to just start doing loads of practice tests once I finish with EK.

That said, it seems as if most people imply there is a glass ceiling to using EK (and not Berkley or Princeton). Has anyone used only EK and taken the MCAT, scoring 35+? I've only taken 1 full practice exam to this point so I can't really grasp where EK leaves me.

NYR56

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Yes, many people do. I just got a 39 on the 1/29 MCAT using only EK. You said you're good at science and engineering, so I'd say you'll do very well too.

Mar 27, 2010
Miami Beach
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay, good. The more I read the more I feel like EK is somehow omitting vital information.

Did you use the study guide package, the 1001 questions series, both, or more? It seems like whatever formula you used to pull a 39 with EK and (I'm assuming) AAMC tests clearly worked wonderfully.

NYR56

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I used the package and obviously did all of the questions in those books, plus I took 7 of the AAMC exams. I bought a couple of their 1001 books but didn't bother using them and returned them. Honestly, I just made sure I understood all the topics as best as I could, no real secret strategy. Science tends to be relatively intuitive for me so that's why I thought those books were perfect. If you want more details, use other books but I don't remember getting any questions wrong on the AAMC tests due to a lack of coverage by EK.