Is it possible to get a 22+ in Bio...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
with just Cliffs and Kaplan assuming you understand all the concepts?
title was misleading...I know. ;)
I am going to read Shaums but that doesn't count because I won't memorize it all.

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to read Shaums but that doesn't count because I won't memorize it all.

should be fine hence u do know the concepts...

Schaum's is very very in depth. i liked it becuz i slacked off alot during bio classes..didn't retain much. cliff's is easy to read but i think is very general..Schaum's gives wonderful examples and sums up the chapters by applying it to real life situations...helps u retain it i think =)

einstein..ur gonna do awesome i know it! can't wait to see u post ur 25+++ scores =)

ps. kaplan is a peace of crap. it doesn't touch up on anything as close to as Cliff or Scaum's... It merely tells u what frequently shows up on the DAT..but what about the other stuf??

understanding concepts is one thing, but doing the problems is whole new experience. you have to practice pulling out the info tucked away deep in mind.

so my suggestion is, understand the concepts, but don't forget to practice getting the information out by doing the problems. destroyer is a great way to do it. kaplan online materials good too.

best of luck

I solely studied using Kaplan, their online material is great if you can get it. I did however have a very strong biology background being that I am a biology major.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
As you know so many people got 22+ in this forum. To be honest bio is one of the most challenging sections for me(because it was super random). I got a picture question, plant hor., biogeography and many other concepts too. I think that luck is very important in this section. I got only 20 with vigorous studying(because bio was not my topic; I am a Che). I hope that you will exceed 22 and I will applaud you :thumbup:.

Last edited:
I only used Schaum's and it got me a 27 Bio. No exaggerating.

I only used Schaum's and it got me a 27 Bio. No exaggerating.

How much of Shaums did you do, did you skip parts of it? It seems crazy at times...you are reading all these names of people and what not etc...

oh common doc3232. I think you are a lot smarter than anyone else in this forum. Don't be ridiculous. You seems like a expert already to me.

How much of Shaums did you do, did you skip parts of it? It seems crazy at times...you are reading all these names of people and what not etc...

I read everything but focused on parts that my teachers taught in class. Those that bared resemblance to Campbell's Bio.

I donno why but I'm starting to hate destroyer. I've read so much about how destroyer is the best source for the DAT, and may be that "too much" of it made me go away from it! In the beginning I thought to buy destroyer, but it's way too costly. I'd rather go with cliffs ap bio. And after knowing all the concepts I'd skim over schaum's outline to apply the concepts. I guess that should be enough. I also read somewhere that new Barron's ap bio is also good. If you know the concepts from any basic book, you should be just fine. Just know how to apply that concept. No need to memorize a lot from schaum's, just try to "understand" how you can combine all the information you got from the basic book(s).

BTW does anyone know if we need to know any scientists' name, or in which year something was invented in any science section? Thanks.

not sure but I would know about Darwin (natural selection) and Lamark (acquired characteristics)

I personally think these two books will be fine. I used cliffs and kaplan ... i read Schaum's but didnt like it as much as the others. Schaum's however did have very nice figures and diagrams which i found helpful.

Every1 gets diff version of DAT. No one can tell you whether your bio questions will come from schaums or cliffs or god knows what...just try to know as much biology as you can. If you already know kaplan and cliffs well then move on to schaums, if not then keep reviewing cliffs until you know it all!!!!

i got a 24 in my bio section which was a 99 percentile on july 10th. i uses AP bio cause its alot more better than the shuman or whatever its called. besides the AP bio u gotta read the college biology book and Destroyer as well but you gotta understand everything!!!:confused: