Is it possible to graduate in 3 years...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hagu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Without going through the 3 year programs from specific schools? My state school doesn't have the 3 year program. What are the chances of actually graduating in 3 years?

Members don't see this ad.

Certainly it's possible. Look at your degree plan. Take the 4 year plan and condense it to 3 by shuffling requirements around until you meet them all in 3. The real question is: Why the hell would anyone want to do this?

Reactions: 1 users
Certainly it's possible. Look at your degree plan. Take the 4 year plan and condense it to 3 by shuffling requirements around until you meet them all in 3. The real question is: Why the hell would anyone want to do this?
OP may be asking about med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I'm talking about med school. I didn't realize I didn't put it in there

Sorry I'm talking about med school. I didn't realize I didn't put it in there

A school with a 2+2 curriculum probably won't go out of their way to condense the preclinical years just for one or few people. Clinical years? Maybe, if you tell them you are intent on going into FM. Ask your school

Why do you want to? Even if it is offered, that sounds horrible. It's already constant work and fast paced. Take away a year and wooooooooooo--eey

I've never heard of a medical student graduating in 3 years on their own, the only cases I have heard of are students who apply and are accepted into formal 3 year programs that are specifically designed for that and those programs usually result in classes starting earlier, no summer break between 1st and 2nd year and I believe a lot of them don't require going through the match process. NYU for example, part of getting accepted into the 3 year pathway is that you get accepted into a slot in their residency program at the affiliated hospital.

So if your school does not have one of those programs that condenses everything in this way, then I can't imagine how you would graduate that fast.

Reactions: 1 user