Is it possible to have a good lifestyle as a cardiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankeesfan1502

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an aspiring cardiologists and keep hearing the hours are very rigorous. If you work in a hospital as a pediatric non-invasive cardiologists, do you still have very long hours and a bad lifestyle?

Members don't see this ad.

I am an aspiring cardiologists and keep hearing the hours are very rigorous. If you work in a hospital as a pediatric non-invasive cardiologists, do you still have very long hours and a bad lifestyle?

Hold on, you're not even in med school yet and you're wondering about the lifestyle you'd have as a "pediatric non-invasive cardiologist"?

I thought I was crazy!

it's good to be motivated from so young. keep it up. :) sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

The lifestyles of pediatric cardiologists and adult cardiologists are very different because the diseases being treated are generally different. That is to say, adult cardiology is mostly centered around afflictions in older people (mostly atherosclerosis and heart failure) while pediatric cardiology is more centered around management of congenital heart disease. You are better off posting in the PEDIATRICS thread, because this is the cardiology branch of the internal medicine thread (by nature treatment of patients over 18 years of age).