is it possible to improve your score by 5 points in one month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rejuvenatedsoul

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a month left and in order to get my scores up to par, I need to improve them by at the least by 1 point in some sections and at the most 5 points in other sections (namely QR and GC). With continued hardcore studying, is it possible to see this much of an improvement on the real exam? (current scores based off of Kaplan exams).

Opinions? Experiences? Thanks! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I learned a lesson last year. Never let Kaplan practice test scores freak you out. For example, I never scored above 17 in GC on Kaplan's practice test but pulled 21 on the real thing. Keep practicing and do Kaplan subject tests over and over again.

i agree with the post above. if you work hard enough in the sciences and math, those are the sections you can improve the most on. sections such as reading and PAT can be improved but to a limit. use dat destroyer for gen chem ( although its more difficult, it will teach you how to look at questions from different angles). GC was my best section : 24. I used 1001 mcat gen chem questions(examkrackers), dat destroyer, and obviously kaplan. for math, use crack the dat math and dat destroyer, thats what i used and i got a 19( not great, but pretty good. thats roughly 93%).

thanks for the advice! my GC score improved by like 3 points after i watched Chad's videos...but these are just practice exams.

do mcat resources like examkrackers translate over nicely for the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
dont use examkrackers as a primary source...just as something to review a certain topic you may have trouble on. the MCAT material is substantially different than the DAT questions.

I felt like some of the most accurate science sections, especially the chem, were in the TopScore tests. The Gen Chem is pretty straight forward and is definitely the section to lift your score within a month. Math is something that you want to study everyday.