Is it possible to just use Kaplan and rock the shelf?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pigglewiggle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi..I am actually an M1 but I have the option to buy a bunch of USLME stuff at a really discounted price and I way thinking of trying to go kaplan all of the way. I always spaz out and use too many resources, so I was hoping to just use one thing. I've been using BRS for the shelf exams but I feel like they haven't been as helpful as I'd hoped. Has anyone just used Kaplan (lecture audio, books, and QBank) and rocked it?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the book. Some of the notes are phenomenal. I like:
biochem, embryology, physiology, pharmacology, immunology. The other subjects are on the weaker end. I wish I had used them for ms1/2.

biochem, embryology, physiology, pharmacology, immunology. The other subjects are on the weaker end. I wish I had used them for ms1/2.

add micro and behavioral to that list - in fact, the only major kaplan book that blows is pathology - get rapid review path for that and you should be set