Is it possible to study abroad winter of senior year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vivax

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking a language class abroad during the winter (January) of my senior year of college. I am applying on time at the end of my junior year. Do med schools typically conduct interviews during December/January, since this is holiday season and most students are on break? Do you think this is possible to do, or is it not a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking of taking a language class abroad during the winter (January) of my senior year of college. I am applying on time at the end of my junior year. Do med schools typically conduct interviews during December/January, since this is holiday season and most students are on break? Do you think this is possible to do, or is it not a good idea?
I wouldn't recommend it, Dec-Jan is fair game for interviews. How long would you be abroad? The whole month?

A month abroad is not impossible to schedule around. You usually get a span of at least a few weeks to pick your interview day from, and schools are understanding if you have to ask to interview a couple weeks later than the latest date they offer at first.