Is it possible to take the DAT on paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yh4747

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have any disabilities but when I'm on a computer for a while I get a headache and my eyes start to hurt. I was wondering if they would allow me to take the test on paper instead of the computer?

Members don't see this ad.

That is a great question...I would contact the ADA about that question. I feel the same way, I get a headache also from looking at the computer screen. I will look into it as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have contacted the testing administration and will have an answer today. I know you can get extra time if you have a disability but I don't know of any situation where a student was allowed to take the exam on paper. I will post the ADA response later today.

Nancy

I'm actually facing the same problem... I found the Chem, Qr, RC and PAT much easier to do on paper. Bio is fine to do on the computer for me. Unfortunately, I don't think they allow us to do so because the computer grades our exams, and I don't think they have arrangements to grade scantrons.

I don't have any disabilities but when I'm on a computer for a while I get a headache and my eyes start to hurt. I was wondering if they would allow me to take the test on paper instead of the computer?

I received the following email from the ADA testing administration, so the answer to your question is a paper option is not available.

"Nancy,

Unfortunately, you have to take the exam at a computer. Paper exams are not an option. Thanks."

Kirk T. Kendzior B.A
Test Administration Associate

Associate Department of Testing Services

Reactions: 1 users
That's nor fair or acceptable. In my opinion I would start calling attorneys:)!!!! It has to have something in the law to back it up and allow you to take it on paper. And possibly your doctor would also help. Sorry I am a little straight forward but we all have rights and I use mine every chance I have to.

You are allowed extra time of the DAT for certain disabilities and if you provide proof from a Doctor. If you do pursue this with an attorney with regards to taking the DAT on paper instead of computerized, would please post your findings.

Thanks!

You are allowed extra time of the DAT for certain disabilities and if you provide proof from a Doctor. If you do pursue this with an attorney with regards to taking the DAT on paper instead of computerized, would please post your findings.

Thanks!
Will do....

I have been sitting behind the computer screen all my life. 5 hours will be nothing! lol