is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedgal555

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all-
OK, I'm retaking the MCAT after getting a 10P, 9V, and 11B last April possibly due to some personal issues, lack of prep, etc. I've been doing minimal studying until about 2 weeks ago, when I started studying hardcore. But, on most of my practices, I've been getting like 10's across the board, and even 9's on some of the EK 30 minute exams. I'm wondering if anyone else has sort of plateaued in the 10's, and what you did to get out of it. Also, I'm wondering if you think it's possible to go up 1-2 points on each section? I'd like to get 33-35 if I can....thanks all.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by premedgal555
Hey all-
OK, I'm retaking the MCAT after getting a 10P, 9V, and 11B last April possibly due to some personal issues, lack of prep, etc. I've been doing minimal studying until about 2 weeks ago, when I started studying hardcore. But, on most of my practices, I've been getting like 10's across the board, and even 9's on some of the EK 30 minute exams. I'm wondering if anyone else has sort of plateaued in the 10's, and what you did to get out of it. Also, I'm wondering if you think it's possible to go up 1-2 points on each section? I'd like to get 33-35 if I can....thanks all.

You're upset that you got a 30? That's a very good score! But if you had personal issues to deal with, a break until your next test would most likely help. Did you take a prep class the first time around?

Originally posted by johnnyMD
i dont know your circumstances, but i wouldnt retake it.

I agree. It won't look good if you don't show improvement.

As for the plateauing... I don't really have any advice. I could tell you to "keep doing passages," but I know you don't want to hear that. ;)

the key to rockin the mcat is taking time to deeply ponder concepts and developint an innate feeling for the material...i think