virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
huseyin said:
Hey:

I was wondering if the real exam is similar to the practice tests that we are taking in Kaplan or TPR. Are all subjects in test booklet? Or do we have a seperate Physics booklet or Bio booklet? Thanks.
each section has a different test book. bio, physical sciences, and verbal. as well as the writing sample. I found the Kaplan full lengths to be the same difficulty as the real thing.

Prophecies

...I bleed orange...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Texas
Status
The real exam is very similar to the AAMC practice tests (3R-7R). I was scoring between 35--37 on the AAMC practice tests and scored a 36 on the real one. I feel that those practice tests were right on the money! Good luck to you :luck:

rogersce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
TPR handed out a booklet of practice exams labeled A-D. I vaguely remember the proctor guy saying that these are alot harder than the real thing. Does anyone know for sure how these book tests should compare?

SensesFail

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Status
Medical Student
rogersce said:
TPR handed out a booklet of practice exams labeled A-D. I vaguely remember the proctor guy saying that these are alot harder than the real thing. Does anyone know for sure how these book tests should compare?
They were significantly harder than the real thing. I was scoring 16-22 on those tests and ended up with a 25 on the real thing :cool: . So basically, if you're able to get high 20s on tests A-D, you're absolutely money. I remember last year I read on here a few people who were getting 30+ on those tests :eek: . I wouldn't be surprised if those people ended up getting 35+ on the actual MCAT.