1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

is it really ok to call/email and ask status?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by irishpint, Dec 5, 2005.

1. irishpint

irishpint Member
    5+ Year Member

on my aadsas not all schools have anything there (like under review) and others ive been under review for weeks. can i really call/email and express interest and ask whats up??

kyle

2. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff Member Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Verified Expert Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Of course you can. :) Most of the people you talk to at the schools are VERY NICE (except for a couple of grumpy guses now and then). :)

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I agree, by all means call. Let them know that you're interested. I gained acceptance to TWO schools a couple of years ago simply by calling to check my status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    irishpint

irishpint Member
    5+ Year Member

So what do I say...uh hi, what's the deal? Should I ask if my application is complete, what its status is, when i should expect to hear from them, etc?

5. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    it's a regular conversation!

ring ring
    "hello? This is ________ dental school"

"Hi my name is <insert name>. I am from <insert area>. Can you tell me my status as of right now?"

"Sure! You are currently....."

good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jcstylee

jcstylee Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    A lot of schools have their own admissions status section on their website. OSU's is:

https://newman.uts.ohio-state.edu/admissions/appstat/Adm_AppStatus.cfm

and alls you have to do is use your ssn and birthday to log-in.

I know exactly what you’re saying about the AADSAS because that is one of the worst services I've ever used when it comes to customer service. They act like a bunch of data processing zombies that seem to only be able to interpret numbers without intellectual analysis.

7. Dr. Parm

Dr. Parm Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I would agree with the rest of the folks here and say that, by all means, call. However, there is a thin line that exists between showing interst in the dental school and getting on adcom ppl's nerves. Just as a note of caution.