is it really ok to call/email and ask status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irishpint

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on my aadsas not all schools have anything there (like under review) and others ive been under review for weeks. can i really call/email and express interest and ask whats up??

kyle

Members don't see this ad.

irishpint said:
on my aadsas not all schools have anything there (like under review) and others ive been under review for weeks. can i really call/email and express interest and ask whats up??

kyle

Of course you can. :) Most of the people you talk to at the schools are VERY NICE (except for a couple of grumpy guses now and then). :)

I agree, by all means call. Let them know that you're interested. I gained acceptance to TWO schools a couple of years ago simply by calling to check my status.

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
I agree, by all means call. Let them know that you're interested. I gained acceptance to TWO schools a couple of years ago simply by calling to check my status.

So what do I say...uh hi, what's the deal? Should I ask if my application is complete, what its status is, when i should expect to hear from them, etc?

it's a regular conversation!

ring ring
"hello? This is ________ dental school"

"Hi my name is <insert name>. I am from <insert area>. Can you tell me my status as of right now?"

"Sure! You are currently....."

good luck!

irishpint said:

kyle

A lot of schools have their own admissions status section on their website. OSU's is:

https://newman.uts.ohio-state.edu/admissions/appstat/Adm_AppStatus.cfm

and alls you have to do is use your ssn and birthday to log-in.

I know exactly what you’re saying about the AADSAS because that is one of the worst services I've ever used when it comes to customer service. They act like a bunch of data processing zombies that seem to only be able to interpret numbers without intellectual analysis.

I would agree with the rest of the folks here and say that, by all means, call. However, there is a thin line that exists between showing interst in the dental school and getting on adcom ppl's nerves. Just as a note of caution.