is it required for me to retake physics I lab in my situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alleyez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took "physics I w/ calc I" and its lab last year...

i got a B+ for the physics I lab

but next semester, i wanted to retake physics but the GENERAL physics which is also supplemented with a Lab.

since I got a B+ in the "physics I w/ calc I lab", should i take the general physics 1 lab?

Members don't see this ad.

retake all your classes five times:rolleyes:

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
retake all your classes five times:rolleyes:

ok... i detect the sarcasm but I don't see where you're going with it... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
are you retaking your physics b/c you got a bad grade on the first (phys w/calculus) class? if so, you might just want to take the lab again as well so both of them are a fresh start. if not, a b+ is a respectable grade...with a busy semester it's worth just keeping the grade and using the extra hours to relax, study, or keep yourself sane.

Did you fail the lecture part? If so I think you only have to take the lecture part and not the lab part. That is, if they are two seperate classes. At my school lecture and lab were together and counted as 4 credits. You couldn't take one without the other.

Originally posted by Amy B
Did you fail the lecture part? If so I think you only have to take the lecture part and not the lab part. That is, if they are two seperate classes. At my school lecture and lab were together and counted as 4 credits. You couldn't take one without the other.

i didnt fail it, i got a C... but i didn't learn anything in that class....
i want to learn physics and at the same time prepare me for the MCAT

C is still a bad grade... i would like a B average for physics..

at my school, i can register for the lab separately.... lecture is 3 credits, lab is 1 credit.

I guess i won't need to take the lab... thank god. i hate labs

I wouldn't retake it for the MCAT info. I would suggest getting the Kaplan and the Princeton review books from the book store and going over all the Physics info in them. In the class you go over things that aren't on the MCAT, so why waste your time on them.

I got a B in Physics I and a C in Physics II (my grandmother died during final exams). None of my schools said anything about the C. I wouldn't sweat a C, you probably learned enough to do the MCAT

Does your school allow you to take a class over that you earned a C in? Some schools won't let you register for a class unless you have a D or lower.

I never had a grasp on Physics and even if I sat in a class 1000 times I still wouldn't get things. Ok, I HATED PHYSICS!!!!!!!

Hey, Good luck at whatever you deceide to do.