Is it Still Possible to Be Invited To Interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammi25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...even though interview invites have been sent out (last week/this week) for most of the schools I'm waiting to hear from, or is this essentially a "done deal"?

Thanks guys - I appreciate your insight.

Members don't see this ad.

...even though interview invites have been sent out (last week/this week) for most of the schools I'm waiting to hear from, or is this essentially a "done deal"?

Yesterday I would have said, "Yes, it is too late."

Today, however, I received an invite to my top choice school. So now I say, "Yes, it is possible."

Probably a done deal, but don't lose all hope. I know it took my advisor over a week to get in touch with all the invitees, so if someone posted an invite within a few days, you could still have a chance, especially if it was an invite by phone vs. mass email. Also, we have invited some "alternates" when other invitees turned down the interview.

If you don't hear anything by 2/15/12 then it's probably too late.

Try to get some critical feedback from your schools and see if there are any actionable agendas that you can walk away from to improve your application if you're not happy with this year's results.

Good Luck!

Last edited: