Is it still possible to get an interview if I submit DAT now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leadmeg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if it is actually too late to send my DAT scores and secondary application now.
Since the application was out on mid May, I am worried most dental schools are almost done with giving admissions to people who applied early.
I am more worried cuz I am an international student.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go ahead and send in your application soon. There's no use worrying.

Also realize that dental schools are afraid of not filling their class, so that's why they opt for rolling admissions and set such an early date. This does give an advantage to marginal candidates who apply earlier. But in the end if you have a strong application, I would think you'd be fine if you submit now.

The types of scores you see on this site are NOT representative of the overall applicant pool, so don't let that stress you out either. Hard work, preparation and being on top your stuff will go a long way in your application process.

I'm not exactly sure why international students would be less favored. I'm thinking that it'd mainly be due to concern about their english language ability and ability to pay. The courses are undoubtedly intense in dental school, and you need to be able to interact with the patients. Also much of the subsidized loan programs in the US are for citizens only.

seriously....i know people who submitted their AADSAS apps in december and still got in. so don't worry so much. you're still in the game.