Is it still worth applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nickster121

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
I am applying to certain top-tier schools (eg UPenn and Columbia), and I am trying to decide if it is still worth it to send in my secondaries. My GPA fits the median, and my MCAT is slightly below the median. My ECs are good but probably not stellar for these sorts of schools. I received the secondaries these secondaries around the 3rd of July, and I cannot submit them until the 19th due to financial reasons. Given that this is slightly beyond the often-quoted two weeks, I'm wondering if it's worth it to fork out the money.
I know that you guys cannot give me any sort of confirmation one way or the other; I just want some advice, I guess. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys and gals,
I am applying to certain top-tier schools (eg UPenn and Columbia), and I am trying to decide if it is still worth it to send in my secondaries. My GPA fits the median, and my MCAT is slightly below the median. My ECs are good but probably not stellar for these sorts of schools. I received the secondaries these secondaries around the 3rd of July, and I cannot submit them until the 19th due to financial reasons. Given that this is slightly beyond the often-quoted two weeks, I'm wondering if it's worth it to fork out the money.
I know that you guys cannot give me any sort of confirmation one way or the other; I just want some advice, I guess. Thank you!
Absolutely! Unless they tell you they will not consider it if it isn't returned by the 17th, there is no reason not to submit, particularly because we had the July 4th holiday during this two week period. You know your chances are already slim, given that your MCAT is below the median and your ECs are not stellar for them, but you really never know, half the matriculants have MCATs below the median, and everyone simply cannot have killer ECs.

You really should just follow through with your original plan when you submitted the primary and see what happens. If you receive any IIs, it's game on! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys and gals,
Go for it.

Reactions: 1 users