Is it tacky?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

locitamd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think...

Is it tacky to combine a thank you note w/a letter of intent?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

soon after you interview, your interviewer writes an evaluation. so you should thank them for interviewing you. but some of these people don't serve on the admissions committee...they probably won't tell you if they do. so you should mail your letter of intent to the admissions committee (to make sure they all have access to it because a group of people decide your fate, not your interviewer) and the thank you letter to the interviewer.

rajneel - thanks for posting. What if I'm sending my t-y note to the Director of Admissions - who is definitely on the Ad Com?

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely separate letters for different purposes -- besides there can never be too many occasions to have them pull you file!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by locitamd:
•Just wondering what you guys think...

Is it tacky to combine a thank you note w/a letter of intent?

Thanks.•••••probably not...but white shoes with black socks?!?! now that's tacky.

I sent a letter to the dean of my top choice school, and I sorta combined the 2. I thanked him for speaking with us on the day of the interview, and emphasized my interest in the school (and included reasons for my interest). It must not have been too tacky, as I was accepted shortly after sending the letter. :clap: