Is it the end of the road for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpha12

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Damn i think I'm gonna get a C in org 2. Is it the end of the road for me. I already did bad in calc
Here are my other grades in some of the pre reqs
Chem 1 B
Chem 2 A
Calc 1 C
Calc 2 C
Organic 1 B
Organic 2 C
Bio 1 B
Bio 2 A
Econ B
a &p A

Its been eating me up for a while. I keep thinking i dug a big hole for myself

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, you should retake it and get an A and retake CAlC 1&2 and gets As. Take a look at how your studying and figure out why you are not getting As in all your classes.

Damn i think I'm gonna get a C in org 2. Is it the end of the road for me. I already did bad in calc
Chem 1 B
Chem 2 A
Calc 1 C
Calc 2 C
Organic 1 B
Organic 2 C
Bio 1 B
Bio 2 A
Econ B
a &p A

If only you'd bother to read the forum you'd see people have gotten in with multiple F's. There is somebody who was invited to UCSF interview with a 2.8 GPA. So your situation is far less melodramatic than you think, which is good.

Members don't see this ad :)
If only you'd bother to read the forum you'd see people have gotten in with multiple F's.

Yeah, your right maybe I'm being paranoid but one of my classmates is doing bad and has like a 2.5 but got into pharm school because he knows people. Arent those people who get in with multiples Fs connected in high places. I haven't taken the Pcat yet so what score would i need to get in with my stats.

Yeah, your right maybe I'm being paranoid but one of my classmates is doing bad and has like a 2.5 but got into pharm school because he knows people. Arent those people who get in with multiples Fs connected in high places. I haven't taken the Pcat yet so what grade would i need to get in with my stats.

I don't think those people have gotten in simply because "they know people." Although it's certainly a factor. I think they got in because they:

- had a strong PS

- were able to convey well in their apps why they were interested in pursuing pharmacy

- had extraordinary volunteer and EC's to make up for their poor grades.

I would maybe retake the some of the classes that you have C's in. It seems that you are smart enough to make A's because you got an A in gen chem 2 but not 1, whats up with that? It seems like you need to find where you are lacking with studying. You might not be putting enough study time in before the test to fully grasp the material.

Chem 1 B
Chem 2 A
Calc 1 C
Calc 2 C
Organic 1 B
Organic 2 C
Bio 1 B
Bio 2 A
Econ B
a &p A

What school are you attending? My daughter is in UCLA freshman year and the highest grade she have got in science class is B+. Getting an A in UCLA seems very difficult for her so far...

Getting a couple of C's is far from being the end of the road! However, I disagree with some of the other posters in this forum who suggest that you re-take the classes you earned C's in. I don't think it's absolutely necessary as PharmCAS makes you list all your grades anyways and I can only think of one school that offers academic forgiveness so depends on the school also. Just try really hard not to get any more C's from here on out. I feel your time will be much better spent doing well in upper division science courses, working on extracurriculars, volunteering w/ or shadowing a pharmacist so you can speak knowledgably about the profession in your PS and subsequent interviews. I had a ton of C's during my undergrad and I feel a nice upward trend for grades and a strong PS/extracurriculars help make up for all the C's and I don't think you have that many. It's not all about gpa!

Yes, I believe the caliber of the school will also count for something. I did my undergrad at UC Berkeley so I think, can't say for sure, that schools took this into consideration since I had a lower gpa (~3.0) than most applicants. In conclusion, you are fine! Don't stress about the C. Just kick booty in your future classes and don't fret about what's done. If you have tons of free time and are good with extracurriculars, go ahead and re-take o-chem but make sure you get an A. Good luck! :thumbup:

Nope, you're screwed give up now. :)
(Of course if Pharmacy school is what you really want, no one will be able to persuade you against doing whatever it takes.)

Honestly, there are a number of schools out there that will let you retake a class and substitute the higher grade as far as calculating your GPA. They are concerned with the fact that you have learned and improved, rather than how you got there.

That said you really will need to focus when retaking the classes (perhaps taking a lighter load will help), to make sure that you get a good grade.
P-)

Its the end of the road when you say its "the end of the road" for you

Go to professor and T.A. office hours to clearify what you don't understand in Organic Chemistry. Once you get the concepts, you won't have to feel you need to memorize everything. Now, you can apply concepts on the exam and get an A in Organic Chemistry. We can all do it!

Oh and someone mentioned on another thread to do all your homework problems 5 times. Very good suggestion!

Good Luck and don't give up!:)

Sometimes, we gotta make sacrifices. If you're partying every weekend, you gotta quit that since it seems you're not able to jug studying and partying. It all comes down to how bad you want it and what you're willing to give up.

You can -re-take those courses and do better,-take the PCAT when you are ready- and have strong extra Cur... to make your app stronger, possibly apply after you have earned a BSc degree to show that you have done well in higher level courses, doing this will allow you more time to prepare yourself for PCAT, more time to get more Volunteer exp and work exp and a BSc degree.

You can -re-take those courses and do better,-take the PCAT when you are ready- and have strong extra Cur... to make your app stronger, possibly apply after you have earned a BSc degree to show that you have done well in higher level courses, doing this will allow you more time to prepare yourself for PCAT, more time to get more Volunteer exp and work exp and a BSc degree.

I'll get a BS if i must, but I'm hoping to enter for fall 09 after my junior year. I still have some more prereqs left like physics. I'm just gonna try hardest to see if somehow i can do the improbable and pull a B in ORg and get A's in physics.