is it time to give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothache

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats up guys,
just wondering if you guys are going to give up and not have false hope. do you think its better to forget about getting in this year and start looking a head for next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Toothache, I don't think you should give up just yet! The 2004 cycle is not even over yet! Besides, many people due get in from the waitlist and I think you will too! Do give your schools regular contact so they know you are really interested in their school.

Is it time to give up? I dont think so. My temple interview last year was in april. So it is still possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Toothache, I don't remember your situation. Do you have some interviews scheduled? If so, where, when, and how many? If not, how many total schools did you apply to? How many of those have you heard back from?

For example, if you applied to 6 schools and have heard back from 5 of them, then you would only have one school you are waiting back. If that is the scenario, then you have to be realistic about it.

On the other hand, if you still have 5 or 6 schools that you haven't heard from yet, then you ought to still be very optimistic about your chances.

Being realistic about admissions is a good thing, but having hope is also a good thing.

Let us know your exact situation.

Yeah, this game doesn't end until August or even September. There are quite a few people holding two positions, and there are people still waiting to hear from their state schools. I mean people decide to drop out days before classes start sometimes. There's a lot of activity still going on and some of the most insane things can still happen. It still isn't too late to apply to some schools even right now, NYU accepts applications until June. That means you can still go back and ace the DATs and have a decent shot at attending Dental school this fall. Pretty amazing stuff.

I wouldn't give up just yet. I know people who offered a seat on the second day of classes! :wow: But you do need to be realistic with yourself as Gavin mentioned. Personally, if I hadn't received anything definite by April/May I would start considering my options (post bacc, work, travel, etc...) for the year off before the next application cycle. It doesn't mean I would give up hope, just be pragmatic about things. Hope you get in.