1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it time to let "Schools requesting interviews" thread rest in peace?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Maple, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Maple

7+ Year Member

I think now that we know that nearly all of the schools are requesting interviews..don't you guys think that we should let this thread die off? I think it has served its purpose well..but we simply don't need it anymore. Opinions? :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Loki

Loki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it will be helpful for those who follow next year (which may include a few of us). I say keep it going for the whole interview time frame.

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Well now it's become a big list of the same schools with increasing numbers next to each one. That won't help them much. Neither will the dates- i *highly* doubt that next year will be on the same timetable that we are on. It was useful for us to see when schools *started* sending out invites, but i feel also that it's outgrown it's usefulness and should be retired. Kudos to Jalbrekt (i think) who started it up way back when. I remember the first post. Crazy world! --Trek

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

(as found on p. 18 of that thread)

... There is another advantage you guys haven't mentioned. When I got my Pritzker interview, I went back through the thread and found the others that added Pritzker so as to email or ask questions from a fellow SDNer. This is a good resource in my opinion and if this thread died, it would be a shame.
    Besides, we didn't hit the 100 schools mark just yet. :D

6. RainaNoelle

RainaNoelle Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm doing the same thing...seeing who posts that they have interviews at the schools I'm interested in. I am also waiting to see when UNC-Chapel Hill pops up as well.

I don't think it's hurting anything to keep the thread going, and some people find it useful...but that's just my $0.02. :)

Raina

7. gooloogooloo

gooloogooloo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

all sound good, but that's just my $0.02. :D

8. kobe8

kobe8 Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it may be time to take old yeller out back and shoot it.

9. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For those of us who took the Aug. MCAT and are still waiting for interviews, this thread is helpful. Please don't kill it!

10. postbacchus

postbacchus Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For those schools which are interviewing late (UCLA, Harvard, etc.), the thread remains extremely helpful. My vote: Keep it up!

11. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Thanks for remembering me Trek. I tried to end this post a couple of weeks ago and I got killed by the people. One person was really out to get me. I'm for keeping it now for the simple fact some people really enjoy posting that they just recieved an interview. (I would love to have some more of the joy) It definately has outlived it's original purpose, but I say let it go.

12. Maple

7+ Year Member

Ok..I see that I am out voted. This thread remains.. :)

13. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

Hey Kobe8 where is your heart at men? Think about all the good times we had with old yeller. Now that its old and senile we can't just put it down with a bullet to the brain. Thats just too cold. I suggest lethal injection

:D

14. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

now THAT is some funny sh!t !!!! --Trek