Is it too early to get a suit? When is too late to start looking?

Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
When is it too premature to start picking out a suit? Is it too early to start looking now if I haven't even heard about an interview yet? How long does it take to get a suit? Would it be too late to find one a month out from an interview?

I am a female. I have NEVER felt comfortable or like myself in profession attire so I am nervous I won't be able to find something that reflects me...

thanks!

htdt

5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I bought my dress pants in May since there was a good Memorial Day sale going on at that time. I still haven't bought my dress shirt yet, but that should be easy to buy. As a woman, I imagine that you do go shopping every once in a while, right? So next time you go to the mall, pop over to the suit/dress shirt/dress pants section and see if any thing catches your eyes.

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
If money isn't a huge issue, finding a suit shouldn't take too long. Maybe a couple weeks.

CubsFan44

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2016
You might as well just get it now if you're already thinking about it. You'll need it sooner or later anyway.

DreamingOfDentistry

2+ Year Member
May 19, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Ann Taylor has a sale every year and I was able to get a well fitting navy suit for a good price. Unfortunately I can't remember when they have the sale but all their suits are half price except the black ones!

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I also used to think that wearing professional attire just made me look....wrong but once I found a suit and had it tailored, it looked so much better. If it fits you, you'll look good. I would go ahead and find one now, and perhaps you can wait until you hear about an interview before you get it tailored.