Is it too late for me to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmac2therack

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because of some personal issues, I haven't been able to complete my application till now. I took my DAT 8/18/16, sent in my transcripts to AADSAS on 8/23/16, and my letters of evaluation have been received already. I am finally ready to submit my application, but am not sure if it is worth spending the money in case it is already too late. If not, what schools (besides TX) are the best to apply to based on my stats?

Residency: Texas
GPA: cGPA: 3.38, sGPA: 3.31
DAT: AA 20 / PAT 19 / QR 19 / RC 22 / BIO 20 / GC 20 / OC 21 / TS 20
Letters of Evaluation: 1 science prof, 1 dentist, 1 community service supervisor

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Because of some personal issues, I haven't been able to complete my application till now. I took my DAT 8/18/16, sent in my transcripts to AADSAS on 8/23/16, and my letters of evaluation have been received already. I am finally ready to submit my application, but am not sure if it is worth spending the money in case it is already too late. If not, what schools (besides TX) are the best to apply to based on my stats?

Residency: Texas
GPA: cGPA: 3.38, sGPA: 3.31
DAT: AA 20 / PAT 19 / QR 19 / RC 22 / BIO 20 / GC 20 / OC 21 / TS 20
Letters of Evaluation: 1 prof. 2 dentists.
I'm not going to say if it's too late or not since this is my first cycle applying to schools and I'm also not to familiar with the ideal application timelines. But I wanted to chime in and say that you may want to get another letter from a professor. I noticed a lot of schools require letters from 2 prof and 1 dentist.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
apply asap!
tx schools don't specifically ask for 2 letters from professors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to say it but it's kind of late. Sure, you can still apply. If you're lucky, you'll land an interview. I've seen people get an interview applying the day before the deadline and seen people (like me) apply on day one and receive nothing. There's no science behind it.

Edit: Just apply and see what happens. Why not?

You have good scores so I would apply to Texas schools ASAP and then some of the private schools you are competitive at. Some schools haven't even started interviewing yet so just hurry up and apply

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile

Just submit it if you think it's worth the investment. You never know. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

Might be a tad late. I submitted on 8/22 and everything was processed by 9/2, so you can expect a similar timeframe.