tmac2therack

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Because of some personal issues, I haven't been able to complete my application till now. I took my DAT 8/18/16, sent in my transcripts to AADSAS on 8/23/16, and my letters of evaluation have been received already. I am finally ready to submit my application, but am not sure if it is worth spending the money in case it is already too late. If not, what schools (besides TX) are the best to apply to based on my stats?

Residency: Texas
GPA: cGPA: 3.38, sGPA: 3.31
DAT: AA 20 / PAT 19 / QR 19 / RC 22 / BIO 20 / GC 20 / OC 21 / TS 20
Letters of Evaluation: 1 science prof, 1 dentist, 1 community service supervisor

Last edited:

osker246

5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2013
Status
Because of some personal issues, I haven't been able to complete my application till now. I took my DAT 8/18/16, sent in my transcripts to AADSAS on 8/23/16, and my letters of evaluation have been received already. I am finally ready to submit my application, but am not sure if it is worth spending the money in case it is already too late. If not, what schools (besides TX) are the best to apply to based on my stats?

Residency: Texas
GPA: cGPA: 3.38, sGPA: 3.31
DAT: AA 20 / PAT 19 / QR 19 / RC 22 / BIO 20 / GC 20 / OC 21 / TS 20
Letters of Evaluation: 1 prof. 2 dentists.
I'm not going to say if it's too late or not since this is my first cycle applying to schools and I'm also not to familiar with the ideal application timelines. But I wanted to chime in and say that you may want to get another letter from a professor. I noticed a lot of schools require letters from 2 prof and 1 dentist.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hate to say it but it's kind of late. Sure, you can still apply. If you're lucky, you'll land an interview. I've seen people get an interview applying the day before the deadline and seen people (like me) apply on day one and receive nothing. There's no science behind it.

Edit: Just apply and see what happens. Why not?

workofshart

2+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
You have good scores so I would apply to Texas schools ASAP and then some of the private schools you are competitive at. Some schools haven't even started interviewing yet so just hurry up and apply

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile