Is it too late to add schools to my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IceHielo

Reaction score
I have finished 10 secondaries that I feel are target choices but I am worried that 10 might be too small and really hurt my chances. Is it too late in the cycle to try and add more schools to get more secondaries now that I have saved up some money?

My list is

Ohio State University

University of Cincinnati

Wake Forest

Indiana

Drexel

Colorado

Tufts

Wright State

Toledo

Pittsburgh

Stats:

sGPA 3.45 cGPA: 3.67 MCAT 518

ECs: Patient care associate for two years, 200 hours with Habitat for Humanity, 500 hours research, 210 hours hospital volunteer, 50 hours shadowing, and heavy involvement in the undergraduate photography club and student radio club.

Members don't see this ad.

I have finished 10 secondaries that I feel are target choices but I am worried that 10 might be too small and really hurt my chances. Is it too late in the cycle to try and add more schools to get more secondaries now that I have saved up some money?

My list is

Ohio State University

University of Cincinnati

Wake Forest

Indiana

Drexel

Colorado

Tufts

Wright State

Toledo

Pittsburgh

Stats:

sGPA 3.45 cGPA: 3.67 MCAT 518

ECs: Patient care associate for two years, 200 hours with Habitat for Humanity, 500 hours research, 210 hours hospital volunteer, 50 hours shadowing, and heavy involvement in the undergraduate photography club and student radio club.
Not at all.

Did you have a rising sGPA trend? If not, the sGPA as is will hurt. Invest in MSAR Online and target those schools where your GPAs are > the 10th %iles for acceptees. Do NOT assume that a strong MCAT will remediate weaker GPAs; in fact, it emphases the disparities.

Suggest:
TCU/UNT
SLU
Creighton
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
Seton Hall
NovaMD
Jefferson
GWU
Gtown
Netter
Albany
NYMC
Hofstra

IF you get no love by November, add some DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all.

Did you have a rising sGPA trend? If not, the sGPA as is will hurt. Invest in MSAR Online and target those schools where your GPAs are > the 10th %iles for acceptees. Do NOT assume that a strong MCAT will remediate weaker GPAs; in fact, it emphases the disparities.

Suggest:
TCU/UNT
SLU
Creighton
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
Seton Hall
NovaMD
Jefferson
GWU
Gtown
Netter
Albany
NYMC
Hofstra

IF you get no love by November, add some DO schools.

I guess I had a rising GPA trend, it was more of I had a momentary drop my first semester junior year because I got a B- in physics and an Ochem lab. But after that my GPA was all As and B+. Do my stats make me not as strong a candidate as I previously thought for the school list I posted?