Is it too late to add schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syfte3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add one more school to my list, I am already verified but I'm wondering if it's too late? It's a top school so chances are pretty slim already, applying late would only make it harder but I don't want to have the doubt. I also don't want to waste my money if it's too late already.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you have to submit again? With $160 + $33 for additional schools?

Don't you have to submit again? With $160 + $33 for additional schools?

There is no verification time for additional schools and its only $34.

Go ahead and add them.

You realize there are a ton of people applying this cycle who haven't even submitted their primary app yet, right?

I added a couple schools in October so it's definitely not too late.

You aren't applying late. Just get the Secondary back as soon as possible, ideally before 9/1.

Do you mean we should have ALL of our secondaries filled out [ideally] by 9/1 as the latest date regardless of when we received it? Or in his case of adding a school right now to have it in by 9/1?

Do you mean we should have ALL of our secondaries filled out [ideally] by 9/1 as the latest date regardless of when we received it? Or in his case of adding a school right now to have it in by 9/1?

I've hear that the basic rule is to have secondaries done about 2 weeks after they are sent to you. I took longer and was still okay, but it's probably a reasonable goal.

Thanks for all the advice! I ended up adding it :)

I've hear that the basic rule is to have secondaries done about 2 weeks after they are sent to you. I took longer and was still okay, but it's probably a reasonable goal.

Also keep in mind that after you've done about 10 secondaries, the essays tend to overlap quite a bit. The first couple secondaries I did took forever, but after a while you could just reuse essays and crank them out.

This thread is the epitome of SDN.

August is not late.
Completely agree...My friend sent his primary last year in Sept and was able to get multiple acceptances MD/DO by the end of February. His stats were not exceptional.