Is it too late to apply for any HPSP scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothteethtooth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I have been recently accepted to dental school and also learned about the timeline for the HPSP scholarship(for some reason, I thought, you applied AFTER dental school acceptance)

Is it too late at this point to apply for any HPSP military scholarship. Also, can any one speak to the competitiveness of this scholarships for AF, Naby and Army!

Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply for the 3 year Army and Air Force. Too late for the 4 year options, including Navy.

They are competitive, especially for the 3-year options (more competitive this year for the AF than previous). Start talking to a recruiter yesterday to start the process.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response. I did try to find some recruiters for AF and Army in my area based on the recruiter tool listed on the respective websites. (Help me if you are using another tool). I have called a few recruiters too in my area but none of them have gotten back to me. What should I do? Is their a guide for this scholarship or something that I can read about the process?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can apply for the 3 year Army and Air Force. Too late for the 4 year options, including Navy.

They are competitive, especially for the 3-year options (more competitive this year for the AF than previous). Start talking to a recruiter yesterday to start the process.

It is not too late, but your chances are low.

It is not too late, but your chances are low.
Eh, unless you have the best recruiter in the whole of armed forces, it's too late. Starting the application process, getting letters of rec, transcripts, application paperwork, all together. Then MEPS, an interview if you're doing AF (maybe other branches too, idk about an interview for army or navy). Especially when the boards are meeting in the next month or so for all services.

Anyway, OP, keep calling and knocking on doors.

Eh, unless you have the best recruiter in the whole of armed forces, it's too late. Starting the application process, getting letters of rec, transcripts, application paperwork, all together. Then MEPS, an interview if you're doing AF (maybe other branches too, idk about an interview for army or navy). Especially when the boards are meeting in the next month or so for all services.

Anyway, OP, keep calling and knocking on doors.

I disagree. It's not too late. It's far from ideal but you could still grab a spot if you act fast and have good fortune in your favor.

I disagree. It's not too late. It's far from ideal but you could still grab a spot if you act fast and have good fortune in your favor.
Vellnueve Which would armed force would I be at the best chance for this year? For next year/3 year scholarship, should J also start now?