is it too late to apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramenoodles

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched the test dates and the last exam for 2019 is on September 14th...there's NOO way I can be ready in time for that. I'm waiting for the new test dates but let's say hypothetically If I take the exam in January of 2020 does that mean that I won't be able to get into a school for the fall 2020 cycle and will have to wait an extra year for admission???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm in my senior year and was originally going into pharmacy but decided that in 20 years I would probably be one of those people who hates their jobs and are miserable if I went through with it. I always pictured being a doctor in the back of my mind but for some reason I just always doubted myself and never really explored the possibility of trying to make this thought into a reality...until now. I know it's pretty late since this is the time people usually send in their apps and have taken the mcat already...I feel like i'm so behind :bag: :help:

I searched the test dates and the last exam for 2019 is on September 14th...there's NOO way I can be ready in time for that. I'm waiting for the new test dates but let's say hypothetically If I take the exam in January of 2020 does that mean that I won't be able to get into a school for the fall 2020 cycle and will have to wait an extra year for admission??? Also, any study recommendations on how to prepare for the mcat?? What are the helpful books? Sorry for all the questions i'm just really confused!
What's your cumulative and science GPA like? Do you have research experience? Do you have clinical and non-clinical volunteering? How many hours? Have you had shadowing experiences? How many hours? Any leadership experiences?
You need a good combination of all those before you can start thinking of applying to med school. Plus a good MCAT (510+) of course

let's say hypothetically If I take the exam in January of 2020 does that mean that I won't be able to get into a school for the fall 2020 cycle and will have to wait an extra year for admission???

The medical school application cycle is approximately 15 months. If you apply May/June next year (providing you have a decent MCAT, GPA, you've completed all your prereqs and all your ECs are in order), you will be applying for matriculation fall 2021.

You've unfortunately already missed the train on fall 2020 matriculation.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.