1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This Wednesday we're hosting our first-ever Instagram takeover with UF College of Dentistry student, Carson. Follow @studentdoctornetwork on Instagram to get a glimpse of life as a D1, ask questions and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it too late to apply to Penn?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by virginiabeach, Nov 15, 2005.

1. virginiabeach

virginiabeach Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So here is my story. I sent out my applications before I took the DAT and I basically applied to schools thinking i wasn't going to do very well on the test. Well, it turns out I did pretty decent and I am thinking of applying to a few other schools with better reputations, mainly upenn and uconn. Do you guys think that it is too late for me to tell AADSAS to send the schools my application? I imagine that those two schools fill up their interview spots pretty quickly, but they don't seem as fast as schools like Case. Should I spend the money to have my DAT scores and application sent out??? What do you guys think???

2. syn_apse

syn_apse Registered Loser
    5+ Year Member

i'd call (or email) UPenn and UConn and ask them their opinion. to give you a rough idea of the AADSAS turn around time, i added NYU on 10/10 and my mail out date was 11/03. perhaps you could convince them to view your application online (which is available to them immediately). best of luck to you!

3. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It is never too late to apply...but your chances are fairly diminished. I know UPENN, like most other schools, has had a huge influx of applicants...and of course many have been interviewed. I don't think it hurts to apply and see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...