1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it too late to apply to PT school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by SwimmingFever, Sep 5, 2014.

1. SwimmingFever

Pre-Medical
    Hi everyone,

I graduated with a Bachelor's in Neuroscience in the Spring. My overall GPA is 3.3 and my pre-req GPA is about 3.0. I have all B's and C+'s in the prereqs. I was unsure of what I wanted to do with my life, but I am interested in physical therapy. My extracurricular activities include being on the swim team for 4 years, volunteering in the Emergency Room at a hospital for 50 hours, and volunteering with the Special Olympics for 50 hours. I am first aid and cpr certified too.

I have yet to take the GRE's or shadow a Physical Therapist, but I really like the idea of helping people overcome physical disabilities. Which is what I did volunteering with the Special Olympics. Is it too late to apply to physical therapy schools for next fall? Do I even stand a chance? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DPTcoasral

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Not too late. Go get the minimum amount of hours and a 300 min on the gre. You might have a shot.

4. tweaze

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    Do you mean apply to start school in Fall 2015? It's on the late side, but there are schools with later deadlines. Some schools don't require the GRE, and some don't consider observation hours, so you could potentially apply to those even with an earlier deadline.

5. DPTcoasral

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The application cycle opened up two months ago. There are schools with October first deadlines, but there are also plenty with a much later deadline. Hopefully, you have an upward trend in your GPA. If so, focus on schools that focus on this part of your academic profile. You can find all of this information via google and this forum.