Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carlos17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 3.22 sGPA, 3.46 cGPA, 27 MCAT. I plan to apply to Nova and Lake Erie. Is it too late to apply to these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

No. But your sgpa is pretty low. You should double check their cut offs before applying.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Members don't see this ad :)
No, and your sGPA is probably passable for Nova. You certainly wouldn't get screened for it. Mine was lower and I still got an II.

Yeah definitely not too late, but the sooner you get that app in the better.
I don't know if you care where you go, but I would recommend applying broadly.
Good luck!

I have 3.22 sGPA, 3.46 cGPA, 27 MCAT. I plan to apply to Nova and Lake Erie. Is it too late to apply to these schools?

You're fine. In fact you are a good applicant (right around average).

No. But your sgpa is pretty low. You should double check their cut offs before applying.

Sent from my SPH-L720

OP's stats are above every program's pre-secondary cutoffs.

Nah man, in order to make those Spring, 2014 deadlines, you gotta have all the interviews done by July, 2013

You're probably ****ed

Check with the Caribbean schools, you might have a chance there

With my stats, what do you think are my chances of getting in one of them?

With my stats, what do you think are my chances of getting in one of them?

It's very difficult to tell someone their chances with any accuracy even when we have all the info (schools applied to, classes taken, upward trend in GPA or not, how strong your LORs or personal statement or essays are, how good your ECs are, and the list goes on)
When all we know is GPA and MCAT it's very difficult to say.

With that caveat, there are plenty of people that get in with those similar stats. Your sGPA is only .1 less than mine was and your MCAT is only 3 points less than mine and I got accepted to 5 schools. Like I said though, it depends on a TON of other factors, and even with all those it's a crap shoot.

tl;dr
We don't have enough info and even with all the info nobody can say for sure. You have a decent chance, assuming you have good EC's and LOR's I say go for it and good luck

I have good ECs and personal statement. My essays are equally good. I am really hoping to get in.

I have good ECs and personal statement. My essays are equally good. I am really hoping to get in.

You have a good chance of getting in, provided, as dudeliness said all other stats are solid, you are a good interviewer, and you apply broadly.

The truth is, the application process is very unpredictable, but with your stats (and again all else being good), if you applied broadly (especially including schools that have lower/moderate matriculant averages and accept OOS if you are OOS) then you should get a fair number of interviews and probably at least one acceptance.