1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Is it too late to apply??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by tony729, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tony729

5+ Year Member

Just took the mcat, feel like it is somewhere between 24-26. Have a 3.9 cgpa and 3.6 sgpa.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sean Lee

Non-Student
    From what I've heard on SDN, you are NOT too late if you submit your primary immediately.

4. feeling-dizzy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    You are ok to apply now. But you need to appply ASAP.

5. Ailleurs

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I've seen posts where people can still have a chance by applying in October. But surely that at least requires the necessary stats. Get the ball rolling!

6. AlteredScale

Administrator Moderator 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    With your GPA, you're safe to apply till November-December. Anything past that you should shoot for a higher MCAT.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

IslandStyle808 likes this.
  7. medsc1

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Guys I need some help!! I got a 24 of the MCAT earlier this year (9ps/6v/9bs). I am signed up for the retake on Nov. 7th. My gpas are 3.4 cgpa/3.2 sgpa. I have good ec's and my application and LORS (including a DO LOR) are ready to go. What do you guys recommend I should do? Should I apply to just one school to get my application verified and then add my new score in December and send applications to all the schools??

or....

Should I just apply to all the schools right away? The only problem I see with this is that some schools might not even wait for my new score and just reject me. Thank You so much for any feedback in advance. I truly appreciate it.

8. AlteredScale

Administrator Moderator 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You could definitely apply to one school since you already have your eggs in a basket (LORs).

But:

I think the safest thing is to wait it out and build your app. Your science GPA is sort of low. It'd be of your best interest to perhaps retake or add additional science courses to boost that GPA. Boom you'll go into the 2015-2016 cycle with an awesome MCAT and strong GPA!