Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zyovka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Doing my first ch pain rotation ( CA2 here). Never ever thought i would like it. Started thinking about applying for a fellowship. Is it too late at this point of time?
What ITE scores do they expect to see from reasonable applicants? Thanks in advance for every input.

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't have anything on your resume which shows your interest in the field it might be a waste of time/money applying at this point - especially since you will have to tack on extra time for your LOR to come in. You could always try and boost your resume and apply CA3 year, work for a year in general anesthesiology, and then start fellowship, fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
Doing my first ch pain rotation ( CA2 here). Never ever thought i would like it. Started thinking about applying for a fellowship. Is it too late at this point of time?
What ITE scores do they expect to see from reasonable applicants? Thanks in advance for every input.
Youll see a couple things about ITE:
1. Theres no real official way to send it in (Not on ERAS)
2. There are very, very few programs that actually ask for it.
3.The programs that do ask for it, it’s hard to say if it even counts for anything

Reactions: 2 users