Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prnrx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all, just wondering if it was too late to apply for this year. I guess I decided too late. Most school sites say summer months are best to apply but I have not taken the DAT yet either.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just go for it. Start studying for the DAT immediately and get your application turned in asap.

You also need to get letters of rec.

just apply, man. if your stats are good, you'll def. get an interview from somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
tamkhan said:
just apply, man. if your stats are good, you'll def. get an interview from somewhere.

Yup youre too late for next years cycle already. Try again for the 2009 cycle.

2009? I'll be president by then.

It's not too late but you are looking at a late application. If you are applying you should really get busy and do it. With 4-8 weeks for AADSAS to mail your app you should sign up for the dat and take it soon since it takes three weeks after the DAT to get scores sent. Plus your LORs, and official transcripts need to arrive at AADSAS before they process your application. It can be done but you have a lot of work to do.

if you have good stats, you'll get in somewhere even if you're late. If your stats are mediocre...forget it

I thought this time of the year is not late at all and won't put you at disadvantage. I mean it's not definitely early but I thought it's not late either. I thought anything before September is ok in terms of application timing.
Maybe I got this wrong?

comments will be appreciated.

if you submit your application now, you're looking at December to February interviews. By that time, several rounds of acceptances will have been handed out already so if your stats aren't competitive enough, you likely won't even get a chance in most schools. If you're a competitive applicant, there's still a good chance you'll get in somewhere.

dude, what do you have to lose? if you dont get in, you'll be in a hella good position to reapply in May. you have already taken your DAT, mabey a second time before then if you dont do as well as you wanted. you know the whole application process and next may, you will be one of the first people to have a completed application, submitted and sent out during the first mailings. good luck!

Like the previous poster said. What have you got to lose? If you don't apply, you have 0% chance of getting in somewhere. If you DO apply, you have some chance, even though it might not be as good as if you had applied earlier. Do you think you can study for the DAT in the next 6 weeks? It's possible if you have the time. Just submit that application pronto, study for that DAT, and hope for the best. :luck: