Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rangifer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know official deadlines for applications are still a month or two away at most schools, but with rolling admissions is early February too late to apply? Does anyone have an idea how many seats would still be available? (I see quite a few people are already receiving acceptance letters).

Any of you successfully admitted in past years despite a late application?

Members don't see this ad.

I know official deadlines for applications are still a month or two away at most schools, but with rolling admissions is early February too late to apply? Does anyone have an idea how many seats would still be available? (I see quite a few people are already receiving acceptance letters).

the earlier, the better they say. nearly impossible to get in if it is late

if you are just now thinking of applying then it is definitely too late. but if you have nothing to lose exept some application fees then do it

Members don't see this ad :)

I applied early but until the deadline happens you're still in the game, IMO. I'd call the admissions office wherever you are thinking (sorry, can't remember from other posts?) and see what your real chances are. I know there are lots of students who switch schools at the last minute so worst case you might be an alternate or waiting list?

Its never too late. Yes ,all schools are on rolling admissions but dont let that discourage you. If you're willing to cough up a few bucks for application fees and you're quick at getting the applications out then you're still in there! If you don't you'll have to wait until next year to apply and you'll always wonder if you had a chance to get in a year earlier. My roommate applied in early March and got an interview to ICO in April. I'm glad she still applied late because we wouldn't have ever been roommates :D

you can still apply, but do you have all the pre-reqs ready?

you can still apply, but do you have all the pre-reqs ready?
yeah i have all the pre-reqs. I have applied to UW and UdeM (here in Canada) but have just recently thought about the possibility of going to the US to study in case those applications don't pan out. I am still very hesitant to apply to US school's though because of how far I would have to go into debt. I was just wondering now if there would still be a chance or if it is too late to apply. (and didn't want to pay application fees if my chances were slim to none with 90% of the seats already filled)

I think the answer is about what i expected... chances are fewer now, but still exist.

i dont mean to sound discouraging but i'm being realistic. many people who applied in nov or dec are just now getting interviews. your chances are slim but of course there still is always a chance. good luck

I would definitely try for sure. And try hard. Who knows? remember, some schools do interviews till may and some students are even accepted the day before school starts.