Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alleyezonme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I decided recently that I wanted to do pharmacy and I am taking the pcat in october, I wanted to know is it to late to apply right now? I am not sure when applications began but I was going to start my application tomorrow. Any opinions would be helpful Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I decided recently that I wanted to do pharmacy and I am taking the pcat in october, I wanted to know is it to late to apply right now? I am not sure when applications began but I was going to start my application tomorrow. Any opinions would be helpful Thanks a lot.

Check out this website www.pharmcas.org. It will be very informative. It will also show you the deadlines for the schools participating in the program. It will also help to know moe about the schools like Pharm B said, such as if they have rolling admissions etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
We need more specifics. Namely: what schools are you interested in applying to? They all have different dates, and some use PharmCAS while others do not.

Hi, Thanks for replying. The schools that I want to apply to are all the florida schools, UF, nova, PBA, and Lecom. I know that pharmcas lists all the deadlines for all the schools, but is there anyway you can tell me which schools do rolling admissions or how I can find out myself? I tried checking the websites but they dont reallly specifically tell you if they do. Except for UF they said they start looking at applications in January.
Thanks

Check out this website www.pharmcas.org. It will be very informative. It will also show you the deadlines for the schools participating in the program. It will also help to know moe about the schools like Pharm B said, such as if they have rolling admissions etc.

Oh thanks I didnt know that pharmcas lets you know which schools do rolling admissions. Ill check that out. Thanks!

Oh thanks I didnt know that pharmcas lets you know which schools do rolling admissions. Ill check that out. Thanks!

Every school's website will tell you their application timeline, as well as if they do rolling admissions. You just need to navigate around...it's not always on the first page.

That may not be stated explicitly but you can find that info out by going to the schools website like Mandy said. It will definitely give you a lot more info about other pressing issues/questions you may have.

Pre-Dental switch to Pre-Pharm? Why is that if you dont mind to share? I heard a lot of ppl telling me should rather do Dental than Pharmacy......:rolleyes:

I submitted my app mid October to all those schools and had most of my interviews in December/January...I ended up being accepted to UF so you'll be fine as long as you have decent stats

Pre-Dental switch to Pre-Pharm? Why is that if you dont mind to share? I heard a lot of ppl telling me should rather do Dental than Pharmacy......:rolleyes:
Hi I really thought dentistry was for me, until i started shadowing a a dentist. I thought I was really good at looking at peoples teeth I was wrong. I started to feel sick. And i thought since it was my first time I would be okay, but I wasnt. I couldnt handle it because some people would come with the worst teeth. I made a decision too quick in thinking i wanted to be a dentist when in fact it wasn't for me. I would just see those toothpaste commercials with those people with pearly white teeth which got me interested, but of course thats not always the case. I started to shadow a pharmacist and I liked it. I felt like this kind of work is soemthing that was right was for me. I was accepted into two dental schools btw so I am not making the switch because I was not accepted.

I submitted my app mid October to all those schools and had most of my interviews in December/January...I ended up being accepted to UF so you'll be fine as long as you have decent stats

Oh thanks a lot. Good to know I am not too late.

That may not be stated explicitly but you can find that info out by going to the schools website like Mandy said. It will definitely give you a lot more info about other pressing issues/questions you may have.
Hey thanks a lot for your help. I got all the information I needed from pharmcas. Thanks again.

I applied in early September, took PCAT in October, finished my pre-preq's just now- and look where I'm at : D Not too late. By any means!

While its always best to apply as early as you can, I would certainly not consider it too late to apply. I would get all of your info sent to PharmCAS as soon as you possibly can because that is the longest holdup. While these are by no means typical results, I submitted my application (to a rolling admissions school) two weeks before the deadline and was accepted. Best of luck to you.